Friday 18 September 2015

BANISH EYE BAGS AND DARK CIRCLES THE EASY WAY

I am blessed with very distinct double eyelids. If you are observant, people like me with double eyelids tend to have huge eye bags as well. It's like my observation that people with single eyelids almost never have eye bags. Which is why if you see someone with double eyelids and no eye bags, chances are he/she wasn't born with double eyelids. But that was then. You can now be born with double eyelids and still not suffer from eye bags. 

When I was a teenager, I already have eye bags the size of waist pouches (in fashion then). Even worse, they were permanently accompanied by dark circles. From the magazines I devour, I have put cucumber slices and used tea bags on them. I even stopped drinking anything after dinner. Within a period of 20 years, it is safe to say I have tried 40 brands of eye gel/cream/serum. Probably more. None worked. 

So when I read beauty forums with members languishing about their sad state of eye bags and dark circles, I really feel for them and would suggest they try a bout of Juvedum Light instead. 
What my doctor does is to inject this filler at a few points along the lower side of my eye bags, smooth them evenly and the effect is almost immediate. The filler somehow plumps up the depression the eye bags have caused and in doing so, they also "moved away" from the dark pigmentation beneath that caused the dark circles. 

In Bangkok, you can get this procedure done for 12,000 to 15,000 baht. However, be sure to do proper research as the workmanship of the doctor is extremely important. I've ever had two visible lumps under my eyes for weeks! And if the injections are not done deep enough, the areas treated may appear to have a bluish-grey tinge.
This is me immediately after the injections. For ladies, the marks shouldn't be too obvious once you wear a layer of foundation over some concealer. The effect lasts about nine months but they start to go off gradually as early as the fifth or sixth month. I think it's good to set aside a budget to have it done twice a year. It's really worth it to stop well-intentioned bitches from commenting how tired you look.

No comments:

Post a Comment