Tuesday 1 September 2015

LIFTING MY HOODED EYELIDS WITH PLEXR

For the longest time ever, I have been debating whether to go cut my eyelids to remove the fat above them (caused by aging, what else?). You see, these fats are already threatening to cover part of my inner double eyelids. 


On this trip, a friend brought to my attention that there's this non-invasive procedure called PLEXR that apparently tightens and lifts such a sorry state of affairs. 



I will leave you to google the many videos posted online about it. Suffice to say, I went to a clinic near Terminal 21, demanded to see their doctor in charge and learnt that this technology has been around for two years and in Thailand, two months. 



The good doctor himself, who is in his 50s, has done it. One of his male customer service representative, whose before and after pictures was what sold me, has done it too. Would I do it? I pontificated for one minute and decided YES, PLEASE! cos I reasoned that I'm saving myself 500 Baht (you usually pay a consultation fee of 500 Baht at these clinics which will then be absorbed back if you do any procedure with them). 



So numbing cream was spread on my upper eyes, and I was told to wait for 45 minutes. Then the procedure began. I didn't feel the pain at all when the doctor zapped the zone above my upper lids again and again. 



Immediately after the session, you can see a layer of crust formed above each eye (pic in black tee). I must say this doctor is quite immaculate in his workmanship cos his handiwork looked so neat and clean. I was then given some anti-swelling pills and antibiotics and told to come back for a review in two weeks time. I was also told that the swell wouls disappear in 3 days and the scabs in a week. It costs 15,000 Baht.





When I went back in the evening (pic in yellow tee), my upper eye area stung a bit so there was a little discomfort but it was pretty bearable. I have to confess my pain threshold is also slightly higher than others cos my doctor who administers IPLs and lasers on my face and neck in Singapore has said that his other patients squirm and whimper sometimes but I look almost peaceful from his vantage point and I have never uttered a sound. 




This was me the very next day, couped up at the apartment where I was staying. 


On the second day after PLEXR, I was already shameless enough to walk around with some major encrusted eyelids. I kept dabbing Bio-Oil over the next few days, hoping that it will make the scabs peel off faster even though my doctor friend told me not to do so as it supposedly contains mineral oil, just like any baby oil. But I have always done this on my scabs from cuts and yes, I am one of those that always try to peel off my scabs because I am just super impatient. 

Scabs starting to fall off bit by bit with help of tweezers and a lot of Bio-Oil (my scabs fell completely off only after one and a half weeks) :


This is the state one week after. The affected area is still raw and red as I suspect quite a few layers of skin has been zapped off. But I can already see that my double eyelid is becoming very obvious again, especially nearer the inside of my eyes. 


This is me two weeks after the Plexr procedure. I am pleased with the result. The area above my double eyelids has lifted to reveal the former in all their glory. But there is still the colour discolouration where the scabs have dropped off. I think that would take a month to rectify since it is very old skin with s-l-o-w rejuvenation prowess we are talking about.








No comments:

Post a Comment